Welcome to herbal medicine Guide
Herbal Medicine Use In Kenya Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Herbal Medicine For Hepatitis B Virusfrom:
The use of herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus is not surprising considering the fact that Chinese doctors had knowledge of a disease that corresponded to the hepatitis b virus over 1,800 years ago. Hepatitis b is a serious virus that is responsible for considerable morbidity and mortality. Hepatitis b is found in 95% of liver cancer patients in Southeast China. Because of the high risk of infection over an individual’s lifetime it is a common practice in the United States to inoculate newborns against hepatitis b. Japanese doctors who use herbal remedies report that when a patient is diagnosed with hepatitis b virus they start them on Chinese herb therapy. These doctors, of whom 40% are trained in traditional Western medicine, also report that the herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus is more effective at treating the disease than Western medicine.
Effective herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus
When it comes to using herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus, there are several herbs that have been proven to work. Glycyrrhiza, schizandra, salvia, polygonum, curcumna, ligustrum and silybum are all important herbal components when it comes to creating a protocol for treatment of the hepatitis b virus. Each plant contains substances that work to treat some component of the virus, when they work together they become highly effective herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus.
• Glycyrrhiza uralensis, also known as licorice root, was one of the ingredients in the herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus that Chinese herbalists used in ancient times. It is an antioxidant, promotes production of interleukin-2 (IL-2) and is a useful compound for inhibiting HIV infection of cells.
• Schizandra sinensis is considered to be a safe food product in China and is also highly used in the United States for immune enhancement and as an energy tonic. Schizandrin has been proven to cure 65% of clinical cases of anicteric infective hepatitis within three months time. In addition it is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis.
• Salvia, when used individually or as a component of an herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus, is used for treating both acute and chronic hepatitis. It is one of the most frequently used herbs in the modern practice of Chinese herbal medicine.
• Polygonum cuspidatum, also known as Hu-Chang, is commonly used to rescue patients who have been treated with Western medicine for severe viral hepatitis and did not recover. It can be used alone or be used as part of an herbal formula. It is believed to have a greater impact on acute hepatitis but is used as a treatment for chronic hepatitis.
• Curcuma, or yujin as it is known, is one of the three major species of curcuma used in Chinese herbal medicine. During a study of thirty-three patients, all but one responded to being given curcuma powder daily. During that study 2/3 of the patients had their subjective symptoms completely relieved.
• Ligustrum lucidum, which is rich in oleanolic acid, is effective at treating both acute and chronic hepatitis. Patients who have used ligustrum have had a 70% cure rate for acute hepatitis and a 44% cure rate for chronic hepatitis. In the United States, ligustrum is used as a health food to enhance immune functions.
• Silybum marianum is a complex flavonoid whose extracts are sold in the United States. It is used to protect the liver from damage.
Clinical studies conducted in China show that a twelve week treatment period using herbal medicine for hepatitis b virus is satisfactory.
Herbal Medicine Use In Kenya News